May 5, 2017

Almighty

Almighty is a concept album I recorded during FAWM 2010, and released by the netlabel Musictrade.
It's an experimental work arising from a dream I had a long time ago. The story of the dream is recaptured in the accompanying text, with a dedicated chapter for each song. It takes place in a futuristic world. The Earth has been destroyed by fratricid wars, and a group of refugees is seeking a new home on a sterile, hostile planet.

This is the foreword :

«This story comes from a dream I had a very long time ago.
A dream that was like a movie which played from beginning to end ;
a dream in which I was both a spectator, and a protagonist (as is typical of dreams...).
I remember waking up stunned from this dream, like I had really lived this experience.
I was amazed!

This dream came to me in a time in which a spiritual approach to life and important matters was food for my thoughts:
- How could I be a better person?
- What could I do to help things change around me?
These were typical questions for me.

Though the context of the dream was very symbolic,
I couldn't help but think about the response we would have if we were asked this question:
"What would you do if you were almighty?"
You know, similar to the three wishes story...
What would come to our mind first?
Health?
Money?
Power?
What do we deeply wish for?

I don't know what my answer to this question would have been (at that time) while conscious,
but this was the response given by my Unconscious...
A response which made me thoughtful for years, and inspired this project...»


No comments:

Post a Comment